Deadline May 15, 2017
The Ontario Women’s Health Network (OWHN) is seeking applications for the position of Communications Officer/Administrative Support. This is an exciting, flexible part-time opportunity. This position will support the promotion of women’s health issues and resources in Ontario and knowledge translation around OWHN projects using a variety of online tools. Additionally, the position will entail some administrative supports for the OWHN team.
Terms of Employment: May to December 2017 (with possibility of renewal) 14 hours/2 days per week
Salary: Hourly wage of $22–24, plus 4% in lieu of benefits
Deadline: May 15, 2017 at 4:30pm
Location: Downtown Toronto
Formed in 1997, the Ontario Women’s Health Network (OWHN) works with women, health and social service providers, community organizations and others to support equitable, accessible and effective health services for all women in Ontario.
Our mission is to link women to health information and resources and to address the health and health care barriers faced by women in Ontario, particularly women who are marginalized, through our research and advocacy work. Our vision is a society in which every woman has the opportunity to achieve, sustain and maintain healthy living to its fullest, as defined by that woman herself. More information about what we do and our way of working is available on OWHN’s website at www.owhn.on.ca.
In this position, the Communications Officer/Administrative Support will:
- Produce an accessible E-Digest every 2 to 3 weeks. The digest offers information and links to current women’s health events, resources, and employment and volunteer opportunities in Ontario with a focus on health equity.
- Moderate OWHN’s listserv, which supports the sharing of information related to women's health in Ontario amongst network members.
- Update and manage OWHN’s Twitter account and website.
- Solicit and coordinate women’s health related content from listserv postings from network members, emails and online sources to be used in the E-Digests and blog posts.
- Support the OWHN team with written communications.
- Provide knowledge translation and administrative support for OWHN’s projects and activities.
We are seeking a candidate with the following qualifications:
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in writing for online and paper communications.
- Demonstrated understanding of accessible writing for a diverse audience.
- Strong understanding of women’s health issues within the current social, economic and political context.
- Strong social media skills.
- Demonstrated organizational skills.
- Proficiency in English.
- Ability to write and speak French an asset.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
All interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume via email by the May 15 deadline to:
OWHN Hiring Committee
Ontario Women's Health Network 180 Dundas Street West, Suite 301 Toronto, ON M5G 1Z8
OWHN promotes the principles of anti-oppression and adheres to the tenets of the Ontario Human Rights Code.
We thank all applicants for your interest. Only individuals being considered for an interview will be contacted.