Deadline March 20, 2017
Status: Full-Time Permanent
Location: Toronto (Downtown near Union Station)
About The Canadian Partnership Against Cancer
Created in 2007, the Canadian Partnership Against Cancer (“the Partnership”) is an independent organization funded by the federal government to implement the Canadian Strategy for Cancer Control. The Strategy aims to reduce the incidence of cancer, lessen the likelihood of Canadians dying from cancer, and enhance the quality of life of those affected by cancer. As the steward of the Strategy, we work collaboratively with cancer agencies, governments, national organizations, patients and families to advance meaningful and
Reporting to the Manager, Corporate Communications, the Communications Officer, Internal Communications is accountable for developing and managing a comprehensive internal communications program at the Partnership, including the CEO’s internal communications program. The Officer also contributes to a range of corporate communications activities for internal and external audiences, including effective positioning of the Partnership, development of integrated communications plans, and distribution of the annual report. The Officer works collaboratively with the Digital Strategy team to align work and liaises with external stakeholders and internal partners across the organization.
Qualifications & Experience
- University degree in English, Communications, Public Relations, Digital Media or related field
- Minimum 3-5 years progressive experience in corporate communications
- Experience in designing and delivering internal communications plans
- Experience and confidence in providing strategic recommendations that result in effective communications programs and drive results
- Experience in design, development and implementation of communications strategies and activities
- Ability to execute a wide variety of communications functions, from event planning to writing and editing clean, clear copy on a tight deadline
- Demonstrated ability to analyze emerging issues and develop strategic responses
- Strong internal and external relationship management skills, ability to professionally interact with and establish solid working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, executives and health experts, vendors and colleagues
- Ability to exercise good judgement and use diplomacy and tact when responding to difficult or contentious situations balanced with strong instincts on when to escalate matters and seek management advice
- Ability to proactively lead and respond to change
- Previous experience in the health care sector would be a strong asset.
- Experience in not-for-profit sector is an asset, particularly the Canadian Cancer Strategy environment
- Experience working in broader public sector, including provincial and federal government, as well as private sector environment
Application Deadline: March 20, 2017
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter explaining your interest in the position to Talent Management at [email protected] indicating ‘Internal Communications Officer’ in the subject line.
All applicants are appreciated however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
The Canadian Partnership Against Cancer is an organization committed to ensuring accessible services and communications to individuals with disabilities. Should you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, including accessible job postings, please call 416-915-9222 or email us at [email protected].