Deadline September 23, 2016
The Middlesex-London Health Unit (MLHU) has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Software Development Analyst to join the Information Technology team at the 50 King Street, London office. The successful candidate will report to the Manager of Information Technology, and will be responsible for the development and implementation of information technology solutions to meet the business needs of the Middlesex London Health Unit and address changes in information technology.
- University Honors degree in Computer Science with a specialization in Information Systems or Information Technology, or the equivalent combination of education and extensive experience.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience working with software development teams supporting integrations and customizations in a complex environment.
- Strong technical expertise in application programming, database and system design, including internet, intranet, website and server architecture.
- Experience creating custom SharePoint solutions including web definitions, web parts and workflows is required.
- Advanced MS Office user skills are required, including the ability to develop and maintain spreadsheets, presentation graphics, process designs, and project plans using those programs.
- Extensive knowledge of emerging industry practices and experience deploying packaged solutions with features and upgrades.
- Knowledge of analysis and design techniques, systems development methodologies, and project management methodologies and templates.
- Exceptional organization skills and the ability to balance multiple priorities to perform independently and effectively.
- Strong collaboration skills to work effectively in a team environment with internal colleagues and management at all levels, as well as with external providers.
- Communication proficiency (written and verbal) in French and/or any other languages is highly desirable.
To apply to this position, please submit a resume and cover letter electronically via our Career Opportunities page at http://www.healthunit.com by September 23, 2016 quoting posting # ITFTSDA-0916.
Information concerning applicants is collected under the authority of the Health Protection & Promotion Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H-7, as amended, and will be used to consider suitability for employment. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please contact our Human Resources Department at 519-663-5317, extension 2512.
The Mission of the Middlesex-London Health Unit is to promote and protect the health of our community.