Deadline December 21, 2015
We are a dynamic community-based health centre promoting social justice and health equity in the Regent Park neighbourhood and east downtown area of Toronto. We operate out of several locations and provide a wide variety of services including: primary health care, chiropody, physiotherapy, health promotion, social work, community health, immigrant and refugee services, housing assistance, harm reduction and homeless programs, Pathways to Education for high school students, infant and child development programs, parenting education and family advocacy. We currently have the following opening on our Clinical team:
Part-Time Evening 12 to 21 hours per week
Pay Range: $17.79 - $21.43 per Hour
You will ensure efficient operations and facilitate smooth flow of the ground floor reception area. You report to the Clinical Administrative Coordinator.
- The Ground Floor Receptionist provides reception, clerical and administrative support functions including:
- greet clients and provide support as needed
- manage an eight-line telephone system; answer incoming calls, direct to appropriate personnel and process messages
- sort and distribute all incoming and outgoing mail and parcels
- distribute / track harm reduction supplies as needed
- provide information about Regent Park CHC and community resources for referrals as needed
- maintain client confidentiality
- schedule client / patient appointments following procedures
- call patients with appointment reminders
- Completion of relevant certificate or diploma and two years’ related experience in a community setting
- Able to work effectively with a diverse client population including people with mental health and/or addictions issues
- Crisis de-escalation training and or experience an asset
- Knowledge of Personal Health Information Privacy Act
- Excellent telephone manner and communication skills
- Proficient with computer software including MS Office, Internet, email, Electronic Health Records (Nightingale On Demand an asset)
- Ability to work collaboratively within and across teams
- Knowledge of the Regent Park area and issues affecting the community
- Availability for evening hours Monday to Thursday
Regent Park CHC is committed to equity in our hiring and employment practices. Applications are encouraged from qualified individuals who reflect the diversity of our community.
Please submit your resume and cover letter by 5:00 p.m. December 21, 2015, to:
Evening Reception Hiring Committee
Regent Park Community Health Centre
465 Dundas St. E.
Toronto, ON M5A 2B2
Fax: 416-364-0822 or Email: email@example.com
No phone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. RPCHC is committed to developing an inclusive, selection process and work environment. If contacted, please advise the hiring manager if you require any accommodation during the interview process.