Deadline December 16, 2015
A busy community-based, non-profit organization, serving a diverse community, and an equal-opportunity employer.
Internal / External Posting
The Mid East Toronto Health Link (METHL) is a partnership bringing health care organizations, practitioners, patients and their family members together to improve health care for people with complex health challenges in the downtown of Toronto. Regent Park Community Health Centre is the Lead Coordinating Agency for the Mid East Toronto Health Link. We are seeking to hire or second a temporary:
Manager, Mid East Toronto Health Link
Contract to March 31, 2016, Full Time
Key Deliverables for this position include:
- Work with local hospital to develop processes to identify and engage clients with complex health issues accessing emergency department
- Facilitate implementation of processes for client identification and connection with primary care providers
- Facilitate implementation of coordinated care planning practice in partnership with health service agencies
- Facilitate a Transitional Case Management pilot in partnership with designated health service providers
- Work with health service agencies to implement standard information sharing to primary care for patients of out-patient psychiatry
- Work with health service providers to develop draft curriculum for CME training for primary care providers on working with clients with complex mental health & addictions.
- Bachelor degree in health planning, human services or similar field or equivalent education and experience.
- Three plus years’ relevant experience including in community engagement processes and/or complex and dynamic health-related environments in the public, preferably community-based, sector.
- Ability to critically interpret data and translate into effective and appropriate health program development.
- Knowledge of or experience in primary care, mental health & addictions and/or community support services sectors
- Demonstrated ability to effectively coordinate and motivate a team across multiple organizations.
- Demonstrated understanding and analysis of local health issues, priorities and needs
- Proven ability to build, enhance and maintain effective relationships with community members, organizations, health service providers and others.
- Excellent interpersonal, facilitation and communication (English) skills
- Superior leadership, time management and organizational skills
- Understanding of the system impact of social inequity on access to health and social systems and health and wellbeing.
- Ability to engage effectively with a broad range of communities, including people with lived experience of mental health and/or addictions, their family members, health care practitioners and/or the Aboriginal community an asset.
- Critical and creative understanding of the role of stakeholder engagement in health system planning and change.
Compensation - commensurate with skills and experience.
Please send your CV and letter of interest by 5pm December 16, 2015 to
Sheila Braidek, Executive Director
Regent Park Community Health Centre
465 Dundas St. E.
Toronto, ON M5A 2B2
Fax: 416-364-0822 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only
those selected for an interview will be contacted.
RPCHC is committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection process and work environment. If contacted, please advise the hiring manager if you require any accommodation to ensure you will be interviewed in a fair and equitable manner.