Deadline January 15, 2016
Service: Communications and Social Marketing
Reports to: Director, Communications and Social Marketing
Position(s) Supervised: none
Status: Full time; permanent
Posting Date: December 7, 2015
CATIE is Canada’s source for up-to-date, unbiased information about HIV and hepatitis C. We connect people living with HIV or hepatitis C, at-risk communities, healthcare providers and community organizations with the knowledge, resources and expertise to reduce transmission and improve quality of life.
Provide oversight of the operations of the Ordering Centre, including maintaining website content, monitoring and managing inventory, and coordinating interdepartmental communication and external promotional vehicles for the CATIE Ordering Centre.
Provide efficient, professional client service, order processing, and information and reception triage for all CATIE telephone callers and users of the CATIE Ordering Centre.
Coordinate internal printing and graphic design process of all CATIE and partnered publications and promotional materials.
- Provides bilingual consultation and triage for all in-coming calls and orders placed through the CATIE Ordering Centre, including tailored assistance to frontline organizations and individuals by selecting appropriate print and web resources for their HIV and hepatitis C information needs;
- Maintains a high level of knowledge of available CATIE and third-party print and web- based publications and educational tools;
- Ensures efficient order processing through the Online Ordering Centre system;
- Liaises with an outsourced distribution company to monitor inventory levels of publications distributed by CATIE;
- Maintains the Ordering Centre website, including adding reference to all new resources;
- Establishes regular contact with resource material originators and creators across Canada (e.g., AIDS Service Organizations, Community-Based Organizations, public health units, community health centres, government agencies) to ensure seamless inventory supply;
- Works with Director, Communications and Social Marketing and Senior Editor, Partnered Health Information Publications to meet external reporting and internal organization monitoring requirements through compilation of data on resource distribution and usage, inventory and usage trends of the Waiting Room Information Program (WRIP);
- Maintains and updates Ordering Centre policies and procedures with support of Director, Communication and Social Marketing;
- Works with Knowledge Exchange and Communications and Social Marketing departments to support the promotion of resources, services and materials of the CATIE Ordering Centre;
- Assists in the development of tailored Recommended Resource Sheets for workshops and conferences;
- Coordinates quarterly e-bulletins, including the CATIE Ordering Centre e-bulletin and the Waiting Room Information Program e-bulletin;
- Works with Publications Development to coordinate printing and graphic design of all CATIE and CATIE partnered publications, liaising with internal project leads around proofing and draft process, and with various printers around quotes and the management of print and design files as needed;
- Coordinates the Waiting Room Information Program (WRIP), including routine contact with partner clinics across the country to ensure that they are supplied with the most up- to-date HIV and hepatitis C materials available from CATIE;
- Provides administrative support including Ordering Centre database management, inventory management support, complaint triage, filing, mail merges, routine communication, etc.;
- Works collaboratively with staff and volunteers and other organizations to support CATIE in fulfilling its mission around materials distribution. Takes a proactive customer- service approach to supporting colleagues within the organization and across the country with needed information and reports.
Reception and Administrative Support
- As a primary responsibility, performs telephone reception and administrative support using each opportunity to supply excellent client service and increase CATIE’s professional, bilingual profile;
- On a daily basis, manages email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail accounts so that messages are efficiently processed or forwarded to the appropriate CATIE staff member;
- Participates in staff and team meetings and in projects and planning processes, as required;
- Other duties as required to be supportive of all staff.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- This position requires knowledge of CATIE’s mandate, program direction and service philosophy to provide support to programs and staff;
- Oral and written bilingualism (French and English) with the ability to communicate in a business-like and sensitive manner is required;
- Strong organizational and administrative skills;
- The ability to work with diverse clients in a collaborative manner, being highly responsive to various needs and issues that arise;
- The ability to multitask and maintain attention to detail in a fast-paced environment;
- Computer skills that include e-mail manipulation, working with web applications and reviewing databases, as well as Microsoft Outlook and Office Suite;
- An understanding of HIV and Hepatitis C is a highly desirable asset;
- Experience working in a community-based organization providing frontline service is a highly desirable asset.
CATIE is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from: people living with HIV and/or hepatitis C; visible minorities and people with culturally diverse backgrounds; people of all gender identities and sexual orientations; and people with disabilities.
Interested applicants should visit our web site at http://www.catie.ca. E-mail responses preferred. No phone calls, please.
We thank you for your interest, however, only those applicants to be interviewed will be contacted.
Deadline for applications: January 15, 2016
Submit applications to: email@example.com
NOTE: To reduce the number of “spam” responses to this posting, respondents must include the following text in the Subject line of your e-mail: CATIE Job Coord.