Deadline December 15, 2015
Location: Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre - Bayview Campus
Classification: Regular Full-Time (1.0 FTE)
Department: Cancer Screening Program
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday, Days (7.5 hours)
The Toronto Central Regional Cancer Program (TCRCP) is responsible for implementing provincial standards and programs for cancer care and ensuring service providers meet the requirements and targets set out in their partnership agreements with Cancer Care Ontario. The TCRCP consists of the Princess Margaret Cancer Centre at University Health Network and Odette Cancer Centre at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre as well as five partner hospitals that provide and support cancer care in the region.
The Cancer Screening Program oversees the delivery of cancer screening services in the Toronto Central region for the Ontario Breast Screening Program (OBSP), ColonCancerCheck and the Ontario Cervical Screening Program. These programs seek to support population-based screening and increase the cancer screening rates of eligible Ontarians.
The Screening Performance Analyst is responsible for the activities related to Cancer Screening performance management and reporting. The Screening Performance Analyst also works closely with the OBSP sites to ensure the performance and quality components of the program are implemented and maintained.
Summary of Duties:
- Monitors and manages screening performance of local providers
- Analyzes, interprets, reconciles and reports on cancer screening performance data
- Develops regional reporting solutions to support the Regional Cancer Screening Program business needs
- Works with internal/external stakeholders and Cancer Care Ontario to align performance objectives
- Performs data quality analysis and supports development of improvement plans for cancer screening initiatives
- Uses regional data for analysis and planning of cancer screening initiatives
- Supports annual allocation and reconciliation of funded activity
- Augments provincial screening data with regional specific data to support increased participation in screening
- Provides Integrated Client Management System (ICMS) user training and support to local breast screening and assessment sites
- Ensures data quality checks are implemented (e.g. chart audits for OBSP)
- Maintains regional OBSP data in ICMS
- Maintains regional stakeholder databases
- Evaluates and reports on regional public and provider education initiatives
- Undergraduate Degree in Health Sciences or related field required
- Minimum of 2 years of related data management experience aimed at quality improvement initiatives in a health care setting required
- Knowledge of organized cancer screening programs
- Working knowledge of the Toronto Central LHIN and the relevant stakeholders
- Previous experience in statistical analysis, program evaluation and project management required
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Excellent presentation, group facilitation and training skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders
- Organize multiple workload priorities in a fast-past environment and meet timelines
- Demonstrated expertise using software applications including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), IBM SPSS and the ability to access the Internet as a resource
Date Posted: December 1, 2015
Last Day for Application: extended to December 15, 2015
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters, in one document, quoting file AM3019sb to:
Human Resources, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
Qualified Applicants must submit both an Internal Application/Transfer Form and current Résumé to the Human Resources Department citing the competition number at their campus. Qualifications, skills and demonstrated satisfactory attendance and performance are considered as part of the selection process.
Sunnybrook is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this on your Internal Application/Transfer Form or on your cover letter.