December 3, 2015
8:00-10:30 a.m. (registration at 8:00 a.m. including light breakfast)
North Ballroom, Gladstone Hotel, 1214 Queen Street West
The Vision Zero Initiative is an approach to road safety thinking that originated in Sweden. It can be summarized in one sentence: No loss of life is acceptable. This +PLACE MAKER held in partnership with Business Sweden, the Embassy of Sweden and Vision Zero Initiative (http://www.visionzeroinitiative.com/), will highlight the success of this approach and look at the impact it could have on Canadian cities.
- H.E. Per Sjögren Swedish Ambassador to Canada & Jaye Robinson Toronto City Councillor
- Moderator: Kathleen Llewellyn-Thomas, P.Eng., Vice Chair, CUI Board of Directors
- How Sweden is working to increase road safety in urban environments, Dr. Matts-Ake Belin, President, Vision Zero
- Lorenzo Mele Region of Peel, Public Health Advisor, Healthy Design; ACT Canada, Board Chair
- Steve Buckley General Manager, Transportation Services, City of Toronto
- Jeff Walker VP Public Affairs, Canada Automobile Association CAA
For more information or to register online, please visit http://www.eventbrite.ca/e/vision-zero-place-maker-tickets-19473550915.