Deadline November 5, 2015
Contract Duration: Approximately thirteen (13) months Health Services – Chronic Disease and Injury Prevention
The Chronic Disease and Injury Prevention division has an exciting opportunity for two (2) contract Analyst, Research and Policy positions within our team. Are you a result driven professional looking for an opportunity to be part of a strategic and innovative research and policy team? If so then this may be the opportunity you have been looking for.
Team 1 Responsibilities:
- Support the advancement of strategic priorities through critical program and policy analysis, monitoring and assessing of legislation, analyzing data, completing evidence reviews, and writing reports/corporate communications.
Team 2 Responsibilities:
- Support the advancement of healthier built environments through critical program and policy analysis, monitoring and assessing of legislation, analyzing data, completing evidence reviews, and writing reports/corporate communications.
- Knowledge in development planning process, concepts for creating healthy built environments, and health and planning policies is an asset.
- Apply advanced knowledge of public health and/or technical knowledge regarding population health, social determinants of health, epidemiology and evidence-informed decision making.
- Provide expert interpretation of legislation, public health policy and internal policies and procedures.
- Monitor, identify, analyze and provide recommendations on trends, risks and opportunities.
- Synthesize research evidence and participate in research projects.
- Interpret, synthesize, and integrate health data and research evidence to provide
- recommendations to guide policy and programming decisions.
- Monitor, develop, implement and advocate for policies that will have positive population health implications.
- Provide guidance to the program and evaluation planning process.
- Synthesize complex information into a wide range of written and visual communication
- products such as reviews of research evidence, briefing documents, policy positions and
- Design and implement knowledge translation activities related to research evidence, data and policy.
- Develop and maintain cooperative, collaborative and strategic relationships with internal and external partners.
Post Close Date: 11/5/2015
To view the full responsibilities and job qualifications, please visit us at http://www.peelregion.ca/hr.