Deadline September 21, 2015
1 Year Contract/Secondment
Our client, the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO) is the self-regulating body for the province's medical profession. The College regulates the practice of medicine to protect and serve the public interest. It issues certificates of registration to doctors to allow them to practise medicine, monitors and maintains standards of practice through peer assessment and remediation and investigates complaints against doctors on behalf of the public.
The Quality Management Partnership (the Partnership) is a joint initiative of the College of Physicians and Surgeons (CPSO) and Cancer Care Ontario to design and implement quality management programs in pathology, mammography and colonoscopy. CPSO is seeking a knowledgeable and experienced healthcare educator to join the Partnership as a Physician Education-Quality Specialist.
In this new role, you will establish an expert Advisory Group that will guide the formation of a competency framework which embeds quality management practices developed for Partnership physician leaders in the subject areas. You will draw on your facilitation and project management experience to design and oversee training programs that target the skills, knowledge, and behaviours that support the competency framework. You will develop processes for monitoring and tracking the participation in and impact of the quality initiatives. Your strong relationship management skills will foster partnership and collaboration with external partners and subject matter experts. Your excellent oral and written communication skills will help you create and deliver oral presentations and reports on behalf of CPSO.
- Minimum five years’ demonstrated experience in a health care quality training environment
- Experience in medical education, adult education, coaching and facilitation, and program design development and implementation
- Knowledge of clinical environments, regulatory processes and the Regulated Health Professions Act, 1991
- Experience with primary data collection and secondary data processing for research and evaluation purposes
- Demonstrated ability working in a complex environment with multiple stakeholders with competing priorities
- Familiar with knowledge translation and exchange practices
- Master’s degree in health sciences, nursing, other allied health, heath administration or adult education is an asset. A regulated healthcare professional is preferred.
The College offers a flexible 35 hour week and is located at 80 College St., Toronto, ON. Secondments from Ontario health care organizations will be considered.
To apply, forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com by September 21, 2015.
For more information, please contact Sienna DiGiuseppe at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 416-237-1500 x231, or visit the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario at http://www.cpso.on.ca.
HR Associates is the exclusive search partner to College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario. Please visit us at http://www.hrassociates.ca.