Rainy River, Ontario
Deadline June 4, 2015
We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation at any stage of the process we will work with you to meet your needs; contact email@example.com.
Position: Health Educator, #2015-15
Terms: Permanent part-time, 21 hours per week, COPE Local 521
Location: Rainy River, Ontario
An exciting opportunity for a forward-thinking professional to work with a progressive team that values initiative and innovation. You will work in a self-directed manner within a collaborative multidisciplinary team to plan, implement, and evaluate chronic disease prevention programs. The position involves extensive community collaboration and mobilization within the service area; recommending and delivering program initiatives based on analysis of data and results; and providing consultation with community members regarding evidence-informed practices which meet program objectives and community needs.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a collaborative and empowering working style experienced in program development, adult education, and community capacity building.
- College diploma in community and social services, health and wellness, health education or health promotion is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of health promotion principles, project management and community development.
- Ability to work with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail and the Internet.
- Salary: $23.17 - $29.75 per hour, commensurate with experience.
- Other: Access to transportation required. Mileage allowance provided. Successful applicant requires a clear Criminal Record Check and proof of required immunizations prior to start of work.
Submit Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for Applications: June 4, 2015 at 12:00 noon CST.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.