Deadline June 8, 2015
1 year contract, 0.9 FTE
The Stonegate Community Health Centre is recruiting a Nurse Practitioner, Primary Health Care (NP-PHC) for a one year contract. The centre provides programs and services aimed at people who face the highest barriers to healthcare in the Stonegate-Queensway community. The Nurse Practitioner will function as an effective member of the family practice team and provide ongoing primary care to the clinic's registered patients.
This position is a 1-year maternity-leave coverage for a 0.9 FTE NP-PHC position, beginning in August 2015.
- Provide primary health care services within the scope of the NP-PHC including: physical assessments, treatment, diagnosis and interpretation of test results; therapeutics; health promotion/education/counselling; history taking, screening, referral, and follow up.
- Consult with other members of the healthcare team as needed, and work in partnership with other team members to share responsibility for the planning, provision and coordination of client care.
- Provide services during regular and extended hours within the clinic and through on-call services.
- Work within a primary health care framework that emphasizes health promotion and education and disease prevention, and recognizes the special risk factors (social, physical, psychological etc.) which may affect the health of clients.
- Ensure appropriate, comprehensive treatment is delivered by maintaining complete and accurate medical records using the electronic health record, participating in chart reviews and discussing problem cases.
- Participate in administrative activities of the health centre by: providing input into program development, delivery and evaluation; collecting statistical data as required by the centre; identifying areas of development with regards to policies, procedure and protocols; participating in staff, team and other committees; and, liaising with other institutions, organizations and health and social service professionals.
- Current registration as a Registered Nurse in the Extended Class with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Experience and proficiency in current physical assessment and treatment methods within the scope of practice of the Nurse Practitioner-Primary Health Care.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to and knowledge of community- based health care.
- Awareness of and sensitivity to the health issues of a diverse community and experience working with disenfranchised populations.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and administrative skills that include computer literacy.
- Ability to work flexible hours with at least 1 evening a week.
- Fluency in a language relevant to the Stonegate Community in addition to English is considered an asset.
The deadline for applicants is 11:59 p.m. on Monday, June 8, 2015.
Please email a cover letter and resume in PDF format only to email@example.com to the attention of the Nurse Practitioner Hiring Committee.
The Stonegate Community Health Centre is an equal opportunity employer. We would like to thank all those that apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.