Richmond Hill, Ontario
Deadline June 1, 2015
Draw on your passion. Shape our community.
York Region is one of Canada’s fastest growing municipalities and as part of our diverse and highly engaged team, you’ll have the opportunity to work on innovative projects that foster economic vitality, further a sustainable environment, enhance our public services and promote a healthy community. York Region is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and as we grow, it’s important that our workforce reflect the citizens we serve. At the Region, we respect, encourage, and celebrate our diversity. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation. For more information on a career with York Region, please visit http://www.york.ca/careers.
Health Educator #17485
Community and Health Services Department, Public Health Branch, Healthy Living
Location: Richmond Hill, Ontario. This is a Union position.
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 35; Scheduled Shifts: 830 - 1630
Temporary Full-Time, Approx. 6 months, Salary $42.24 - $45.92 per hour
Reporting to the Manager, Healthy Living, is responsible for developing, marketing and delivering programs to achieve the standards and requirements of the Ontario Public Health Standards (OPHS) and Protocols, Ontario Ministry of Health and Long Term Care pursuant to Section 7 of the Health Protection and Promotion Act, R.S.O., 1990, c.H.7. for the defined area of program and responsibility.
- Successful completion of a University Degree in Health Sciences, Health Promotion, and/or Adult Education or related field.
- Minimum one (1) year experience in developing, implementing and evaluating community wide initiatives and programs using demonstrated skills in marketing.
- Experience in writing reports and grant proposals and in conducting research, including the analysis of statistical data and trends.
- A valid Ontario driver’s license and a reliable vehicle for use on corporate business.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer service, communication, team work, initiative/self-management and accountability, and flexibility/adaptability.
- Knowledge of health promotion/adult education theories and the ability to apply these theories in order to develop related programs for a specific target population.
- Knowledge of social marketing.
- Effective public speaking and presentation skills.
- Computer literacy in a Windows environment utilizing Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work effectively independently and cooperatively within a team environment.
- Ability to work outside of normal business hours as required.
Please apply on-line at http://www.york.ca by June 1, 2015, quoting competition #17485. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. For additional information on York Region, please visit the above-mentioned website.