Deadline May 28, 2015
Purpose And Scope:
The Senior Knowledge Broker supports the Director, Research & Knowledge Translation to implement a new knowledge translation strategy for the long term care sector. The new strategy positions the Ontario Long Term Care Association as a knowledge brokering organization that creates connections, facilitates applied research and syntheses, promotes implementation and local adaptation and fosters wide spread dissemination in the long term care sector. This new strategy builds on the Associations existing activities and strength as the leading voice representing long term care homes in Ontario.
The purpose of the position is to support engagement in and sharing of research and innovation in the sector. In particular to focus on adoption, scale and spread of leading and best practices, standards and policies. The position will leverage expertise of partners, including members, and apply knowledge translation theory to enhance our activities.
Key Areas Of Accountability
1. Identify, appraise, and create knowledge products in priority areas by synthesizing and contextualizing evidence relevant to the long term care sector
- Lead the production and dissemination of a variety of knowledge syntheses such as rapid reviews
- Collaborate with partners to contextualize existing research and synthesis to ensure relevance to long term care
- Create and establish partnerships to develop knowledge products suitable for the online and social media environment (e.g., Blogs, Tweets, Web content, Newsletters). Work with communications team to integrate to our existing platforms and procedures
- Keep apprised of the peer-review literature to identify and summarize international evidence
- Support the development of OLTCA’s key advocacy documents such as our annual report This is Long Term Care, and budget submission by providing relevant and timely evidence as required
2. Operationalize activities to drive sector engagement and promote scale and spread of innovations
- Collaborate with Senior Staff to plan and implement, This is Long Term Care, our new annual conference. Support the design and delivery of existing events as needed.
- Design sessions based on appropriate engagement and dissemination methods for our diverse audiences.
- Actively participate in planning team to establish conference program
- Establish and lead the process for abstract review and selection.
- Engage member homes to identify and showcase grass roots innovations
- Research and assess the feasibility of new engagement activities (e.g., Communities of Practice), provide briefing notes for Senior Staff consideration
- Work in collaboration with Director Research and Knowledge Translation to design and establish a LTC Innovation Exchange, a mechanism to profile successful service delivery and policy innovations intended to support like organizations to adopt the innovation
- Determine partners and operational requirements
- Design inclusion criteria, templates and procedures for review
- Once established, manage the collection and associated activities
3. Stakeholder engagement and collaboration
- Support the Director with the recently established Research and Innovation Committee to help elevate the LTC research and innovation agenda. Support the development of recommendations to our Board of Directors.
- Consults with researchers and stakeholders to ensure projects impacting the sector have appropriate knowledge translation and engagement plans
- Represent OLTCA at stakeholder working groups and meetings to promote appropriate engagement with our sector on research matters
- Engage with OLTCA members, including the Quality Committee to ensure new knowledge translations activities are relevant and feasible for the sector
4. Establish and support the re-launch of the Associations Learning Academy and Coaching Corner
- Collaborates with senior staff and relevant commercial members to establish a core competency framework for a range of sector professional groups
- Coordinate an RFP process with commercial members to solicit content
- Establish a web-enabled calendar of programs and determine a strategy to increase participation from membership
5. Keep apprised of advances in implementation science and knowledge translation experts to guide our activities
- Conduct ongoing environmental scanning in the knowledge translation / implementation science field to identify trends and developments that can guide our KT activities.
- Develops and fosters partnerships with organizations and stakeholders that have expertise related to our KT strategy
- Evaluate new and current knowledge translation activities, to ensure alignment with strategic goals, and report progress to staff and Board members
6. Other Duties as Assigned
- Graduate level education in the areas of health sciences, public policy, information learning, knowledge translation or equivalent
- A minimum of 5 years relevant work experience. Previous experience in a knowledge translation or brokering role would be considered an asset, as would experience in the long-term care sector.
- Demonstrated understanding of knowledge translation theory, models and frameworks and experience with a range of practical methods aimed at individual, organization and system levels (e.g., communities of practice, workshops, online collaborative spaces). Specialized skills to apply knowledge management principles, tools and practices to support the spread and scale up of initiatives.
- Knowledge and ability to access and appraise or create synthesized and original studies
- Knowledge of quantitative, qualitative and mixed methods and experience translating evidence to inform decision making. In particular, experience with qualitative data collection and analysis, including interview design, conduct and analysis would be considered an asset.
- Demonstrated skill in building and supporting collaborations, across multiple organizations, locations and functions to achieve a common goal
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday May 28, 2015 4pm, with Attention to: Senior Knowledge Broker. Applicants are asked to provide:
- A cover letter
- Sample writing piece
Full details of this application can be found at http://www.workopolis.com/jobsearch/job/15929164.