Deadline May 29, 2017
[Ed: this position was amended from full-time temporary to part-time permanent on May 19. The deadline has been extended from May 27 to May 29]
The Middlesex-London Health Unit is currently seeking a part-time Data Analyst, to work under the direction of the Manager, Information Technology. This position will include temporary full-time hours until December 31, 2015.
Scope of Responsibility:
- Support Epidemiologists and Program Evaluators in designing data collection tools and statistical analysis of the data;
- Conduct analyses and data quality checks;
- Summarize and present data (i.e. tables, graphs, maps) and contribute to the preparation of reports presentations and posters, ensuring that the data is accurately documented;
- Design databases, establish coding and data entry guidelines;
- Participate in identifying data sets required by the health unit;
- Coordinate with external partners to obtain, process, and supply data;
- Other duties as assigned.
- An honours undergraduate degree in biostatistics, statistics, applied mathematics or an equivalent;
- At least two years of experience analyzing quantitative data, preferably in a research environment in a health or human service organization;
- Strong background in database development, management and analysis, including data verification and quality control procedures;
- In-depth knowledge of Access, Excel, statistical packages (e.g. SAS or SPSS), word processing and mapping packages, and data programming languages;
- Proven project management skills;
- The ability to communicate in French and other languages would be considered an asset.
Please see http://www.healthunit.com for further information about our programs and services. To apply to this position, please submit all applications electronically via our Career Opportunities page by May 29, 2015 quoting posting #: ITPTDA-0515-01.
Information concerning applicants is collected under the authority of the Health Protection & Promotion Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H-7, as amended, and will be used to consider suitability for employment. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please contact our Human Resources Department at 519-663-5317, extension 2512 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Mission of the Middlesex-London Health Unit is to promote and protect the health of our community.