Deadline February 20, 2015
The Perth District Health Unit (PDHU) is committed to providing people with a healthy, inclusive and accommodating workplace. PDHU is an equal opportunity employer and provides a dynamic and progressive work environment. We currently have an opening for a temporary full- time Public Health Promoter starting immediately until December 2015. Initial assignment will be in the Community Health Department and include Child Health and Oral Health.
Description: Working in a multi-disciplinary setting, the Public Health Promoter plans and implements comprehensive public health programs and services using a variety of health promotion strategies.
- Baccalaureate degree in a health related field
- demonstrated skills in programming planning, implementation and evaluation; health promotion and community development; oral and written communication
- proven ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team
- certificate in Workplace Wellness and Health Promotion is an asset
- computer skills including word processing and Internet
- a valid Ontario driver’s license and access to a safe and well-
- maintained vehicle suitable for carrying out duties on behalf of the employer
- immunizations in accordance with Board policy including annual
- influenza immunization unless medially contra indicated.
Hours: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm; Monday to Friday
Wage: $31.16 – $36.23 per hour
Closing Date: February 20, 2015
Apply in Writing to:
Director of Community Health Perth District Health Unit
653 West Gore Street
Stratford, Ontario, N5A 1L4
E-mail: [email protected]
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Perth District Health Unit is an equal opportunity employer and values workplace diversity.