October 16 & 17, 2014
In brief, the application of health economics reflects a universal desire to obtain maximum "value for money" in the context of decisions that affect the health and wellness of a population. This webinar aims to provide an introduction to health economics with a focus on practical approaches to identifying and using health and economic data to answer big-picture health policy questions. This webinar will offer practical examples to reinforce understanding and identify ways for researchers to communicate complicated economic data in a more effective way.
Part 1 Objectives:
- To familiarize attendees with the key concepts of health economics.
- To provide an overview of the applications of health economic approaches (micro and macro) for decision-making.
- To identify several key sources of health economic data, with a focus on Canadian data.
Part 2 Objectives:
- To work through examples where one or two public health policy questions are answered using creative health economic approaches.
- To identify ways of communicating complex health economic information to a lay audience for maximum effectiveness.
Speaker: Thy Dinh, MSc
Date & Times:
- Part 1 - 1:30-4:30 PM EST on Thursday, October 16, 2014
- Part 2 - 1:30-4:30 PM EST on Friday, October 17, 2014
Course Format: Interactive webinar with discussion.
- Registrant Type Cost
- Regular non-member $100 + hst
- Regular CSEB member $50 + hst
- Student non-member $50 + hst
- Student CSEB member Free
How to Register:
- Please use our online registration system to register for this course. Spaces are limited. Please register early to avoid disappointment.
Certificate of Completion:
- Participants may be issued an electronic certificate of completion by the Canadian Society for Epidemiology and Biostatistics upon request.
- A computer/laptop
- Speakers/headphones/headset (microphone and headphone combo)
- A reliable internet connection
- Prior Knowledge Required: None
- The webinar will be recorded and made available to those attendees who have paid but are unable to participate in the live presentation.
Register online at http://fluidsurveys.com/surveys/CSEB/cseb-webinar-health-econ-october-2014/.
Please go to our website for more information: http://csebca.ipage.com/wordpress/dollars-and-sense-using-health-economi....