Planned Parenthood Ottawa has been providing sexual and reproductive health services to the Ottawa community for 50 years. Our pro-choice, non-judgmental training gives professionals the knowledge, tools and skills to serve diverse communities on sexual and reproductive health topics. Whether you work in the medical and health care field, mental health and counselling field or any number of front line services, you are likely to receive sexual and reproductive health questions from clients that you cannot answer.
- For professionals working in the health and social service fields.
- Up-to-date info on sexual and reproductive health topics.
- Build communication skills for addressing sexual health.
- Connect with Ottawa agencies.
The 3-week, 27 hour program covers the basics of contraception, sexually transmitted infections, risk reduction practices, and pregnancy options. Participants will gain the language, knowledge and confidence to discuss sexual and gender identities, sexual violence and healthy sexual behaviour.
Through guest speakers and interactive group exercises, participants will gain acute awareness of how their own value systems affect their practice and how to develop an effective, non-judgmental, inclusive approach to service delivery through reflective practice. Increased knowledge of Ottawa sexual and reproductive health resources and services will allow participants to refer clients with ease.
- Sex positivity
- Anti-racism and sexuality
- Gender identity and sexual orientation
- Anatomy and reproduction
- Sexuality through the life cycle
- Sexually transmitted infections
- Pregnancy options
- Sexual rights and violence
- Sexuality and disability
- Toys/ Pleasure
- Safer Sex and Risk Reduction
- Wednesday, November 12th, 6:00-9:00 p.m.
- Saturday, November 15th, 10:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 19th, 6:00-9:00 p.m.
- Saturday, November 22nd, 10:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
- Wednesday November 26th, 6:00-9:00 p.m.
- Saturday, November 29th, 10:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
- Professional Rate: $350
- Student Rate: $150
- All fees include a printed evidence based training manual, take home exam and certificate.
For more information