December 12, 2014
9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Your empathy is a resource – it can be depleted and restored. This workshop will offer you an opportunity to recharge and refresh!
Please join us for a refreshing day to include education, conversation, validation and connection with people who do your work, who ‘get’ you. Hosted by Tom Regehr and Becca Partington of CAST Canada, together we will honour the complex and emotional burdens of your work, validate the ideas with plain language, gather individual strategies for coping and thriving as you grow and are changed by your work.
You will leave with:
- An understanding of empathy as a resource that can be depleted and refilled. Strategies to achieve balance.
An awareness of
- Grounding exercises to take into your work and personal life
- Better strategies for long term self care, burn out prevention and compassion fatigue resiliency
- Validation of the emotions involved in doing your work
- A rejuvenated sense of wellbeing and hope
To ensure a high quality discussion participation will be limited so register now! We will host a 2nd event if there is suitable interest.
You are a frontline service provider, health or helping professional in any of the following areas: mental health, housing, employment, income support, Ontario Works, ODSP, shelters, outreach programs, addictions, sexual assault services, child protection/Children’s Aid Society, Acquired Brain Injury services, nursing and emergency room staff, at risk youth, community support services, probation and parole, private practice, etc.
Cost: $90 + hst, parking, snacks and a lovely lunch included
To register please visit http://www.cast-canada.