Deadline August 27, 2014
Location: Health Protection Services
Position: Quality Assurance and Business Process Analyst
Salary range: $55,998 - $69,998 (Pay Grade 5)
Note: Applicants will be considered for interviews based on the information provided in their application to the Region of Halton including a current resume and cover letter. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those under consideration will be contacted.
This position is being offered on a permanent full-time basis working 35 hours per week.
A college diploma or university degree with a focus on systems or data management is required and a minimum of five years office experience is essential. Experience related to the administration and coordination of system management/maintenance, policy interpretation, staff training, evaluation, quality assurance is required. Knowledge of medical terminology is also a requirement. Knowledge of the Ministry of Health and Long Term-Care (MOHLTC), iPHIS (Integrated Public Health Information System) and IRIS (Immunization Records Information System) data base programs, Eclipse project management database, and Microsoft Office Suite are essential. Demonstrated skills in data collection, analysis and interpretation are assets. The successful candidate will develop complex reports to perform business process reviews and surveillance activities for the HPS management team. Ability to demonstrate exceptional problem resolution, troubleshooting, organizational, negotiation, and customer service skills. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Responsible for quality assurance of all information systems including iPHIS, IRIS, Cognos, Panorama, Sharepoint and record management through data collection forms, incorporation of provincial protocol requirements, standardized business processes, and systematic report generation and audits.
- Identifies and provides process improvements, coordination, training, expertise, problem resolution and technical support to staff
- Ensures that provincial databases and reporting systems are operational and provides appropriate functionality for all users.
- Evaluates and assesses problems reported by users, liaises with local IT staff to investigate and resolve local network and desktop issues,
- Provides problem resolution, mentoring and troubleshooting with MOHLTC, iPHIS and IRIS helpdesk, corporate IT and local system support.
- Ensures accuracy and currency of data entry processes (including data audit processes), security of data for consistency and compliance with provincial legislation, regional and departmental policies and procedures
- Creates and maintains CRN reports and supports reporting for Health Protection Services and MOHLTC/PHO Accountability Agreements
- Responsible for the installation and implementation of all Ministry software upgrades
- Researches, trials and develops new software applications, develops, implements and facilitates appropriate training curriculum.
- Interprets provincial directions, policies and procedures into local work processes and disseminates information to all users.
- Applies relevant legislation to work processes and ensures security and retention of paper and electronic data for consistency in compliance with provincial legislation.
- Responsible for the maintenance and distribution of all system documentation and user manuals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Posted: August 20, 2014
Posting Expires: August 27, 2014
Posting #: H-226-14
Apply online at Halton Job Postings: http://webaps.halton.ca/about/jobs/JobPostings.cfm
NOTE: Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.