Deadline September 4, 2014
Competition #: 736701
Job Title: Research Coordinator III
Department: Center for Research on ICH
Job Category: Research
Employment Status: Temporary Full Time
Term (In Months): December 31, 2014
Number of Positions: 1
Union Affiliation: Non-Union
Posted Date: August 18, 2014
Closing Date: September 04, 2014
Salary Range: $33.09 - $41.36 per hour
Well Living House at the Centre for Research on Inner City Health (CRICH) at St. Michael’s Hospital.
Working under the direction of the Well Living House Director and Associate Directors, the Research Co-ordinator will oversee the completion of several research projects currently underway at the Well Living House and support the successful preparation of community presentations and reports as well as scholarly manuscripts regarding these projects.
The Well Living House is an action research centre that’s focused on Indigenous infant, child and family health and wellbeing. At its heart is an aspiration to be a place where Indigenous people can come together to gather, understand, link and share best knowledge about happy and healthy child, family and community living.
The centre is built from a foundation of almost two decades of collaborative work between Indigenous health researchers, front line health practitioners and Indigenous community grandparents.
The long-term vision of the Well Living House is that every Indigenous infant will be born into a context that promotes health and wellbeing – at the individual, family and community levels.
We plan to achieve this vision by improving health policies, services and programs through knowledge work: conducting research, building knowledge networks, and providing training.
In all that we do, the Well Living House is committed to using and protecting our Indigenous knowledge, languages and ways of working.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Instruct new research staff and provide ongoing updates in issues related to various Research guidelines and regulations
- Assisting in setting project goals
- Drafting the initial research protocol
- Designing and pre-testing data collection forms
Research Activities -
- Preparing research papers and reports for publication
- Conducting and finalizing systematic literature reviews
- Assist Investigators in the interpretation and implementation of study protocols
- Assist Investigators in the initiation of new research
- Interact with sponsoring agencies including preparation and submission of research project reports
- Administration of the Letter of Information and Consent Form to study participants
- Data analysis planning, execution and interpretation
- Review and analysis of scientific data
- Adapting research findings to the development of new research studies
- Responsible for training and supervision of Research Assistants
- Initiate and develop research proposals and protocols
- Develop and implement policies, procedures and standards relative to all aspects of the research study program
- Chair research group and community partner meetings
- Develop and/or authorize research study budgets and payment schedules
- Coordination of research grant process
- Liaise with numerous units and project stakeholders such as those within St. Michael’s
- Hospital, Universities, research partners, and community partners
- Minimum Master’s degree in science
- Minimum 5 years research or research coordinator background experience
- Previous experience in Aboriginal community-based research, Aboriginal methods, protocol development, preparation of manuscripts and data presentation is preferred.
- Experience engaging in Aboriginal community
- Proficient computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, SKYPE, E-calendars)
- Ability to contribute to a culturally secure Aboriginal health research environment
- Experience working within a work plan based environment
- Experience working independently and as a part of team
- Experience in financial tracking and monitoring
- Proficient in file management and archiving
- Excellent communication (verbal/written) and team oriented interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail and proven ability to learn new skills
- Excellent organizational skills to manage multiple tasks in a timely manner and flexibility to adapt to a changing workload
- Candidate must be flexible and work beyond the job description at times as work demands.
- Driver’s license an asset