Deadline November 20, 2013
Limited Full-time (up to August 2014)
The Sudbury & District Health Unit (SDHU) has an exciting opportunity in its Sudbury office for a Public Health Dietitian. Reporting to a Program Manager in the Health Promotion Division, the Public Health Dietitian applies various strategies required to improve the health of the population, including awareness, education, skill-building, community needs assessment, and the implementation of healthy eating and healthy weights programming and services.
- Communicates and liaises with Health Unit staff, health and social service professionals, media, educators, agencies, and the community at large on nutrition issues.
- Advocates for healthy eating and healthy weights issues.
- Oversees students on placement, peer educators, volunteers, dietetic interns, and professionals in training.
- Ability to reflect the Sudbury & District Health Unit’s mission, vision, philosophy, and strategic priorities in day-to-day work.
- Knowledge and understanding of the social determinants of health inequities and ability to apply them to public health practice.
- Builds community relationships through involvement with internal and external committees, task forces, and coalitions.
- Maintains required professional memberships and competencies.
- Membership with the College of Dietitians of Ontario is required.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills in both official languages is an asset.
- Ability to work effectively within a multidisciplinary team.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and computer skills.
- Recent public health nutrition experience is an asset.
- Current Ontario Driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
- A condition of employment for this position is a satisfactory criminal reference check.
Resumés will be accepted until November 20, 2013, and should be sent in confidence to:
Lori-Ann Holland, Administrative Assistant, Corporate Services Division
Sudbury & District Health Unit
1300 Paris Street,
Sudbury, ON P3E 3A3
Email: email@example.com (Microsoft Word format only)
Tel: (705) 522-9200, ext. 430
Fax: (705) 522-5182
Please include the title of the position in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, we will contact only those selected for interviews. The Sudbury & District Health Unit is an equal opportunity employer.
All information is collected solely for the purposes of job selection under the provisions of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.