Deadline December 31, 2013
The Barrie and Community Family Health Team supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including women, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Personal information contained in applications will be used for recruitment purposes and collected as per privacy legislation. While we thank all applicants, only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged.
Nurse Practitioner – 9 Month Contract
The Barrie and Community Family Health Team (BCFHT) is one of the largest FHT’s in Ontario, offering leading-edge, comprehensive primary health care in the Barrie area. We serve the needs of 120,000 patients with participation from 78 family physicians and 40 interdisciplinary health care professionals. We envision a community where everyone can be a partner in care and wellness, where everyone has support to live a healthy life, and where everyone has access to the right care at the right time.
Join an experienced group of NPs who are working throughout our community within family physician offices. NPs on our team work collaboratively with a variety of other health care practitioners including Registered Dietitians, RNs, Pharmacists, Diabetes and Respiratory Educators, and Mental Health Counselors. The BCFHT currently has a part-time (28 hours per week), 9 month contract opportunity available.
- Provide primary health care to patients in accordance with standards set by governing body, and that is aligned with the overall strategic direction of both organizations
- Provide health promotion, disease prevention, chronic disease management, and palliative care to patients
- Augment access to enhanced assessment, diagnosis and treatment within the community and/or target population
- Consult as appropriate, with members of an interdisciplinary team, the local hospital, medical clinics, community care system, attending and specialist physicians and the surrounding community to assess, plan, implement, evaluate and coordinate a patient's plan of care and treatment
- Provide wound care and care for acute episodic illness
- Advocate, educate, lead, provide mentorship, and consult as needed
- Utilize medical directives where care falls outside the NPs scope of practice
- Plan, implement and evaluate health promotion, disease and accident prevention strategies within the community
Education, Skills and Requirements
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO)
- Completion of a recognized Primary Care Nurse Practitioner program: NP-PHC
- Masters Degree in Nursing, considered an asset
- Member of RNAO and NPAO
- Independent health care assessment and patient management skills
- Experience working with inter-professional teams and providing collaborative support
- Demonstrated communication skills and problem solving abilities
- Experience with electronic medical records and MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
How To Apply
The BCFHT strives to be an employer of choice amongst NPs. We offer a competitive compensation package, ongoing learning and development opportunities and a quality work-life balance.
Qualified applicants can forward their cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Submission Deadline: December 31, 2013
For more information on our team please visit our website at http://www.barriefht.ca.