Deadline November 30, 2012
Job Title: Manager, Wellington Guelph Drug Strategy
Program Area: Community Health
Employment Status: One year contract
Hours/Week: 35 hours per week (full time)
Reporting directly to the Wellington Guelph Drug Strategy Management Group, with accountability to the Wellington Guelph Drug Strategy Committee as a whole, this position operates out of the Guelph Community Health Centre. The Manager of the Wellington Guelph Drug Strategy is primarily responsible for the planning, implementation, and evaluation our local municipal drug strategy for the City of Guelph and County of Wellington.
- Demonstrated experience in strategic planning and program development, policy analysis and program evaluations in the human services area.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Strong conceptual capabilities and the capacity to develop creative solutions to complex program development, operating, policy and evaluating problems.
- An ability to work both independently and in a team work setting and flexibility in learning new program areas or analytical techniques.
- An ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- A very high level of communication skills with a particular emphasis on excellent writing ability.
- Demonstrated experience working with elected officials and senior management within the public sector.
- Sound interpersonal skills and demonstrated good judgment.
- Post-secondary degree in affiliated discipline and/or equivalent of education and experience.
- Manages the implementation process of the Wellington Guelph Drug Strategy including:
- Coordinates the various committee groups, acting as project manager for prioritized implementation projects;
- Wellington Guelph Drug Strategy Manager
- Develops and maintains partnerships with community partner organizations and community stakeholders;
- Leads partnership initiatives for the purpose of planning, program development/implementation and policy development;
- Maintains strategic visioning to support sustainable implementation practices;
- Oversees the municipal budget spending, and completes reports to demonstrate spending.
- Collects and synthesize information, producing professional reports pertaining to the strategy;
- Completes grant proposals for appropriate funding opportunities;
- Market the strategy with identified stakeholders.
- Work both within the City of Guelph and throughout the County of Wellington.
- Vehicle required.
- Office housed within the Guelph Community Health Centre
- Minimal physical effort required
- Workday comprises roughly equal parts standing/sitting, with frequent changes in position
- Some evening/week-end work may be required
Please apply with your resume and a two-page summary outlining your specific qualifications and experience as they relate to each of the responsibilities/ qualifications listed above, by November 30, 2012
Human Resources, Guelph Community Health Centre
1-176 Wyndham Street North
Guelph, ON N1H 8N9
Email: [email protected]
We are an equal opportunity employer. We thank, in advance, those who apply, but will contact only those who qualify for interviews.