Program Training and Consultation Centre
The Program Training and Consultation Centre offers many downloadable resources on tobacco and second-hand smoke.
- Second-hand Smoke in Home Environments Info Pack. This package provides detailed information about the effects of second-hand smoke in the home. Visit http://www.ptcc-cfc.on.ca/upload/RDS_0005.pdf.
- Info Pack on Smoking Cessation in Pregnancy. This package contains guidelines for groups, agencies, and coalitions that want to reduce tobacco use in their communities. Visit http://www.ptcc-cfc.on.ca/upload/RDS_0007.pdf.
- PTCC also offers training on smoking cessation and on tobacco control policies. Visit http://www.ptcc-cfc.on.ca/english/Training.
Canadian Cancer Society
The Canadian Cancer Society offers information on tobacco and smoking cessation on its website.
- Smokers’ Helpline. This confidential cessation phone service is free across Canada. 1-877-513-5333; http://www.smokershelpline.ca.
- One Step at a Time. This cessation program is adapted to the stage of change of the smoker. Visit http://www.cancer.ca.
Creating a Smoke-Free Environment for your Children
For more information on the training program “Creating a Smoke-Free Environment for your Children,” please contact Louise Choquette, firstname.lastname@example.org.