No deadline noted
CMHA/Peel is looking for an experienced management professional in the mental health field to fill the role of Program Manager- Assertive Community Treatment Team Program.
Reporting to the Director of Clinical Services, the Program Manager –ACTT, leads a multi-disciplinary team of Mental Health Generalists, Registered Nurses, Occupational Therapist, Social Worker, Addiction Specialist, Vocational Specialist, Psychiatrist and Peer Support Specialist, to provide services to mentally ill individuals in the Region of Peel, in accordance with the provincial ACT Model.
The Program Manager-ACT Team is an integral part of CMHA/Peel’s management team and is involved in all agency strategic plans and decisions surrounding policies and procedures for client service as well as staff.
To provide clinical and administrative leadership to a multidisciplinary team as follows:
- Manages day to day operational issues of program.
- Provides strong, positive leadership to assist staff around program/organizational or sector change.
- Responsible for hiring, program orientation, training and evaluation of new staff
- Responsible for effective clinical supervision of staff and annual performance development plan for individual staff members around client service, staff role, HR, organizational and/or system issues; manages employee’s performance effectively using the agency’s policies and procedures
- Monitors staff travel, educational and client contingency expenses
- Monitors case loads and assigns new clients to team members
- Organizes, leads and coordinates clinical team meetings with staff
- Maintains current and up-to-date knowledge of community resources and mental health field
- Ensures that clinical records and program data are maintained in accordance with the standards of CMHA/Peel and MOH/LHIN
- Maintains knowledge of health and safety practices in the field and communicates the same to staff.
- Responsible for program planning and development in consultation with Director
- Monitors yearly program budgets and utilizes appropriate financial processes.
- Responds to client complaints and consults with the Director, Clinical Services, as per program policy
- Participates on agency and community committees and workgroups as requested
- Participates in organizational strategic planning, implementation and evaluation.
- Actively participates as a team member of the Clinical Managers Team as well as in organizational management meetings and collaborates effectively with the rest of the management team
- Bachelors or masters degree in social work; MSW preferred.
- Current professional registration/licensing under the Regulated Health Professionals act.
- At least 7-10 years clinical experience in mental health, providing services to clients with severe mental illness in the community
- At least 3 years of management experience with mental health practitioners in a team setting
- A strong, visionary leader
- Supervisory and program management experience with a multidisciplinary team.
- Strong knowledge of the ACT model and the Ontario Program Standards.
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities and function under pressure.
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, team building and coaching abilities.
- Proven cultural competence and ability to effectively work with diversity.
- Evidence of promoting client centered, psychosocial rehabilitation and recovery practices.
- Valid Canadian driver’s license, access to a reliable vehicle and relevant insurance
- A satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Screening (Police Check) report
- Current CPR/First Aid certification
- Ability to be on-call after hours for team phone calls
- Working knowledge of the ACT model
- Basic understanding of psychotropic medications
- Knowledge of French is an asset
We offer a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package and work environment, emphasizing a healthy work-life balance for all employees.
Qualified applicants may apply to with a resume and cover letter:
Manager, Human Resources
250 Clarence Street, Unit 5
Fax: (905) 451-1720
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.
CMHA/Peel is an Equal Opportunity Employer.