Bilingual Early Childhood Educator, Centretown Community Health Centre
Deadline February 11, 2011
Internal/External Job Posting
Regular Part-Time (.8FTE)
The Early Childhood Educator is responsible for providing a safe and stimulating environment for parents and children to play, learn and socialize. She/he also identifies children who may be at risk and directs the parents to appropriate resources and referrals. The Early Childhood Educator is also responsible for co-facilitating parent education programs with other Early Years staff and maintaining and monitoring the Toy Lending Library Services.
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education.
- Minimum of three years experience working with children and families.
- Basic understanding of the developmental needs of children and demonstrated ability to use this understanding in program practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of common multi-cultural issues, particularly those related to new Canadian families.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively and establish appropriate relationships with families and caregivers.
- Ability to work well with marginalized groups and develop trust relationships with clients in identifying needs and making referrals to other resources.
- Proficient with Windows-based computer systems, in particular, basic email and MS Word.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
- Knowledge of community resources in Ottawa-Carleton.
- Ability to communicate in languages in addition to English.
- English, written and spoken
- French, spoken
Start date: ASAP
Salary range: $38,844-$46,800/year, excellent benefits package including Hospitals of Ontario Pension Plan
How to “express an interest” for this opportunity:
Write a letter of interest (up to 2 word processed pages in English) telling us how you meet the requirements of this role (as identified above). Submit your letter of interest along with your résumé on or before February 11, 2011, to:
Centretown Community Health Centre
420 Cooper Street
Ottawa, ON K2P 2N6
Fax: (613) 233-3987
or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
We regret only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. CCHC is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce.
Every One Matters.