Director, Chief Medical Officer of Health Office
Deadline November 22, 2010
Do you want to make a difference to the health of Ontarians? If so, consider this opportunity with the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care to play a strategic leadership role in the Office of the Chief Medical Officer of Health.
The Chief Medical Officer of Health (CMOH) is Ontario's senior public health physician. The CMOH has an independent duty and the authority to communicate directly with the public and the Legislative Assembly regarding public health matters and to exercise legislative powers to deal with risks to Ontario's public health.
As part of the senior leadership team of the CMOH Office, you will ensure the office's success through the development and implementation of strategies, plans, policies and standards. You will work closely with the CMOH and Associate Chief Medical Officers of Health, as well as with key government, ministry and public health partners such as Medical Officers of Health and the Ontario Agency for Health Protection and Promotion (OAHPP).
Location: 80 Grosvenor Street, Toronto.
What we are looking for in the Director, Chief Medical Officer of Health Office:
- You have experience as a senior leader
- You have demonstrated that you can think and plan strategically
- You have demonstrated that you can work collaboratively with senior management colleagues
- You have expert knowledge of government approval processes and the life cycle management of policies and strategies
- You have demonstrated experience guiding policies and strategies through government approval processes
- You have comprehensive understanding of legislative authorities and processes
- You have demonstrated experience working in a complex political system and with senior political partners
- You have experience dealing with highly visible, complex and politically sensitive issues
- You employ proactive approaches to identifying, analyzing, monitoring and resolving issues
- You demonstrate sophisticated political acuity
- You have demonstrated that you can build and maintain successful relationships with diverse internal and external stakeholders
- You have experience engaging stakeholders who are politically influential
- You have influence and negotiation skills to balance stakeholders' interests.
Salary range: $115,000 - $131,450
Please apply online, only, at http://www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 32244, by November 22, 2010.
Faxes are not being accepted at this time. If you need help applying, contact the Executive Talent Search Unit at email@example.com. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code.