October 22-24h, 2010
- This national conference hosted by the Canadian Mental Health Association will bring together from across the country:
- People who have lived experience with mental illness
- Their family members and friends
- Service providers
- Front line care workers
- Academics and researchers
- Policy makers from across the country
Thriving in 2010 and Beyond will closely examine the concept of "Thriving" – what makes someone with a mental illness (a consumer/survivor) become a thriver and how can those successes be replicated within and outside the mental healthcare system? A "thriver" is someone with a mental illness who succeeds in his or her chosen way by focusing on abilities and not disabilities.
The heart of the conference:
- An open, multi-faceted examination of the roles and responsibilities of all mental healthcare system participants
- The control and influence they exert
- The key elements needed for the mental healthcare system
For more information and to register, please visit http://www.thrivingin2010.com/.