Deadline October 8, 2010
Internal / External Job Posting
The Community Dietitian works with individuals, groups and other community agencies to develop and implement food and nutrition programs and initiatives. The programs incorporate a health education and community development approach, and focus on the availability of good quality, affordable foods and the ability of people to buy them, as well as disease prevention. The Dietitian also provides individual nutrition counselling.
- Bachelor degree in Nutritional Science.
- Possession of, or eligibility for, registration with the College of Dietitians of Ontario.
- Minimum of three (3) years experience as a Community Dietitian.
- Proficiency with Windows based computer systems, in particular, MS Word, and e-mail.
- Sensitivity and experience in working with socio-economic and cross-cultural issues in diet and nutrition.
- Skills and experience in adult education and community development.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- English, written and spoken
- French, spoken
Start date: ASAP
Salary range: $51,618-$62,190/year; Excellent benefits package including Hospitals of Ontario Pension Plan
How to "express an interest" for this opportunity:
Write a letter of interest (up to 2 word processed pages in English) telling us how you meet the requirements of this role (as identified above). Submit your letter of interest along with your résumé on or before October 8, 2010 to:
Centretown Community Health Centre
420 Cooper Street
Ottawa, ON K2P 2N6
Fax: (613) 233-3987
E-mail [email protected].
We regret only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. CCHC is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce.
Quote Selection process number and title: CCHC #10-018 - CHP - Community Dietitian