Deadline September 24, 2010
We are currently seeking a highly motivated health professional to contribute to our organizational mission of working with our communities to promote and protect health and prevent disease. Reporting to the Manager Community Nurse Specialist in the Clinical Services Division, the Health Promoter is an integral member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Maintains current knowledge of the literature and critically appraises research to assist with setting priorities, targeting programs, and developing public health strategies related to the broader determinants of health and reducing inequities in health.
- Develops logic models, evaluation plans, and analyses data; leads or supports the development of research/ethics proposals; works on media communications/educational materials and campaigns; writes reports, briefing notes, and articles.
- Provides consultation and expert advice to staff and community members regarding health promotion theories and best practices.
- Master’s degree in health promotion, behavioural science, or a related discipline
- Experience in health promotion, community mobilization and program planning, implementation, and evaluation
- Excellent report writing skills is essential
- Knowledge of public health clinical programs and medical terminology
- Knowledge of research ethics
- Ability to lead group facilitation
- An understanding of the principles of population health, determinants of health, community development, social marketing, communications strategies, and policy development
- Satisfactory criminal reference check
- Current Ontario driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
- Fluency in both official languages is preferred
Resumés will be accepted until September 24, 2010 and should be sent in confidence to:
Lori Ann Holland
Administrative Assistant, Corporate Services Division
Sudbury & District Health Unit
1300 Paris Street
Sudbury, ON P3E 3A3
Email: [email protected] (Microsoft Word format only)
Tel: (705) 522-9200, ext. 200
Fax: (705) 522-5182
Please include the title of the position in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, we will contact only those selected for interviews. The Sudbury & District Health Unit is an equal opportunity employer.
All information is collected solely for the purposes of job selection under the provisions of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.