Deadline September 27, 2010
Position No.: 2010-17
Position Title: Communications Specialist – New Media
Permanent – 35 hrs/week, 1 FTE
Location: Southgate, Guelph
Division/Department: Corporate Support Services, Communications
Program Manager: Corporate Support Services, Communications
Support the design, implementation and evaluation of electronic communication platforms for external and internal audiences that are consistent with the mission, values and goals of Public Health. Will participate in the assessment, planning and implementation of non-print communications strategies for internal and external audiences. Will collaborate with other staff in the development of communications campaigns and add new media expertise.
Some responsibilities will be:
- Support website content/design development and maintenance, and evaluation
- Write and edit materials for internal and external audiences (website and intranet). Target the message to specific audiences based on assessment and evaluation
- Integrate the agency’s communications platforms including website e-newsletters and other traditional communications methods
- Coordinate production of e-communications and web materials that are part of promotional/communication campaigns
To view the Full Job Posting, kindly visit http://www.wdghu.org.
Salary Range: $30.81/hr to $36.24/hr
Hours of Work: Office hours are from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Flexible working hours are occasionally required
Position Effective: As soon as possible
- 4 year University Degree, in either English, Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, or Marketing
- Minimum 2 years experience working in a team setting, web writing, web development
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Broad knowledge and experience in the area of new media and social networking platforms and applications
- Knowledge of web technology including blogs, podcasts, interactive portals and other content-sharing sites
- Valid driver’s license and use of vehicle
- Maintain annual influenza immunization and adult immunization
If you wish to be considered for this vacancy, please forward a resume and cover letter to the attention of:
Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health
474 Wellington Road 18, Suite 100
Fergus, ON, N1M 2W3
Fax (519) 846-0323
Deadline for application is Monday, September 27, 2010 at 4:30 p.m.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.