Deadline August 31, 2010
Parent Action on Drugs (PAD) is a not-for-profit organization that has been working with youth and their families since 1983 to educate them on the risks of alcohol and other drug use. PAD develops programs and resources for youth and parents which are delivered by teachers, public health, community organizations and other professionals who work with youth and their families.
The primary responsibility of this coordinator position is to provide coordination and support to designated PAD projects such as Strengthening Families for Parents and Youth, the Healthy Communities Consortium and Making Our Voices Heard, a joint project with Silent Voice.
Key Areas of Responsibility are:
- Assist in the planning, coordination and implementation of project deliverables
- Assist with research and development of materials
- Preparation of written documentation and resources
- Planning and execution of workshops, forums and conferences
- Delivery of workshops for youth and parents
- Building linkages and networks with community partners
Terms of Employment: Contract position - 9 months
Location: PAD office with travel to sites throughout Toronto
Qualifications: Bachelors Degree or equivalent and experience in health promotion, community organization or similar field. A minimum of 2 years experience required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to facilitate groups
- Strong coordination and organizational skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Flexibility in approach including work hours
- Respect for diverse cultures, values and orientation
Salary: $45,000.00 per annum, prorated for contract period
To apply, please forward your resume and a cover letter addressing the skill requirements no later than August 31, 2010 to Parent Action on Drugs, [email protected].