No deadline noted
Canadian Agency for Drugs and Technologies in Health (CADTH) is seeking a Health Economist to join our organization. As Health Economist you will be responsible for: assessing methods, data, results and assumptions of economic evaluations; designing and conducting economic evaluations and budget impact analyses; and, producing reviews. This position will participate in multidisciplinary research teams and lead the economic component of projects (e.g., development of an economic evaluation, or review of an existing economic analysis of a health technology such as a drug, health device, or health system).
- Reviewing economic evaluations (model structure, model inputs, assumptions) submitted by drug manufacturers
- Designing and undertaking economic evaluations, budget impact analyses and reviews of economic evidence of health technologies.
- Developing computer-based economic models for performing economic evaluations and budget impact analysis, as required.
- Leading and coordinating efforts of internal and external research team members to ensure project objectives are met.
- Preparing reports for stakeholders.
- Participating in expert committee or advisory committee meetings to present and/or provide clarification of economic findings.
- Representing CADTH at conferences and other external meetings.
- Providing input to and reviewing reports of other researchers, including project team members.
The successful candidate will have a post graduate degree in Economics, Epidemiology, Advanced Mathematics or Public Health, plus at least 2-4 years of relevant experience in health services research, with advanced training in evaluation of health technologies. This position also requires a thorough understanding of health economic methods with skill in computer-based economic and statistical modeling. The candidate should be self-directed and have experience working in multidisciplinary teams.
Other requirements include:
- Strong organizational and project management capabilities
- Commitment to high quality work and attention to detail
- Strong analytical abilities
- Excellent communication (written, oral and presentation)
- Demonstrated effective report writing skills
- Ability to work in a highly team-focused environment with multi-disciplinary team members
Apply online at http://www.cadth.ca/careers.