RFP--Building Capacity for Equity in Health Promotion, Health Nexus and the Health Equity Council
Deadline March 1, 2010
Purpose of the RFP
Health Nexus and the Health Equity Council are seeking an evaluation consultant to develop and implement a suitable evaluation framework (qualitative & quantitative) to evaluate process as well as impact elements of the project Building Capacity for Equity in Health Promotion. This project is funded by the Healthy Communities Fund of the Ontario Ministry of Health Promotion, and runs from November 2009 to March 2011. The evaluation will be conducted in English and French.
About the Project
This bilingual, province wide project will work with health promoters and managers / decision makers in public health, community health centres and community organizations who work with racialized communities, including those living in low income communities, to build capacity for equity in the areas of healthy eating, physical activity and mental health promotion. Key activities will be the convening of 5-6 conferences in all four regions of the province (3-4 in English and 1-2 in French) in the fall of 2010. The project will develop a literature review and resources, building on research, promising practices in Ontario and elsewhere. Building a province wide health equity network will be one of the results of the project. The project envisages a strong role for an advisory committee and other partners.
Criteria for selection
- Evaluator’s relevant qualifications and experience
- Effectiveness of approach, tools/methods relevant to adult education
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of health equity, health promotion, social determinants of health and health disparities
- French language skills an asset. In the absence of this, a feasible plan on how to address this component must be presented.
- Ability to work within the timeframe
- Due to the nature of the project, preference will be given to individuals from racialized communities
A total of $10,000 (inclusive of GST and other costs) will be paid for all components of the evaluation.
All candidates are requested to provide the following:
- A 2-3 page outline of how you would approach the evaluation process, including a critical path and itemized budget that corresponds to the timelines
- A covering letter indicating your interest, qualifications and experience
- A resume
- Names of three references
Please contact Subha Sankaran, Health Promotion Consultant, for a copy of the full RFP and a project summary: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Completed submissions must be received by 4.00 pm on Monday, March 1, 2010.