11th Annual George Brown College Mental Health Conference
March 4, 2010
9:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.
290 Adelaide Street East
What Keeps Us Going: Embracing Vulnerability and Fostering Resilience in Ourselves and Others
Featuring Dr. Gabor Maté, M.D.
George Brown College’s Centre for Preparatory & Liberal Studies is pleased to be hosting this one-day conference. Topics will explore:
- Understanding the root of mental health issues and how we are all affected
- Research on resiliency: how is it developed and what can we do to increase our own
- Ways of knowing: intellectual, experiential, intuitive
- Honouring our physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual needs
- Addressing the practitioner's vulnerability to stress and compassion fatigue
The cost for this conference is $70 (student rate is $40) plus GST. This includes a continental breakfast and lunch.
For more information, visit http://www.georgebrown.ca/mental-health-conference/.