New Liskeard, Ontario
Deadline September 20, 2009
Permanent, Full-Time (1 FTE)
The Timiskaming Health Unit is seeking a highly motivated Registered Dietitian knowledgeable in community health service delivery to join its team of public health professionals. The individual will be expected to apply various strategies required to improve the health of the population including awareness, education, skill building, community needs assessment and planning, implementing and evaluating programming and services within the community.
- Bachelor’s degree in food and nutrition or equivalent from a recognized University
- Eligibility for registration with the College of Dietitians of Ontario and membership with
- Dietitians of Canada and Ontario Society of Nutrition Professionals in Public Health
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, computer and communication skills;
- Experience in public health nutrition would be considered an asset
- Ability to work effectively within a multidisciplinary team
- Fluency in both official languages is an asset
- Willingness to work flexible hours and travel to meet program needs (valid Ontario driver’s license and use of a vehicle is required)
Consider joining our progressive team of public health practitioners committed to health promotion and disease prevention.
Salary: $47,774 - $63,443
Applications will be accepted until September 20, 2009. Only those candidates selected for the interviews will be contacted. Please apply to:
Tara Cassidy, Manager of Human Resources
Timiskaming Health Unit
421 Shepherdson Road
New Liskeard, ON POJ 1PO
Information concerning applicants is collected under the authority of the Health Protection & Promotion Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H-7, as amended, and will be used to consider suitability for employment. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.