CIHI is looking for a dynamic and experienced individual who wants to help shape the development of health information in Canada.
Reporting to the Vice-president - Strategy, Planning and Outreach, the Manager of Strategic Initiatives is responsible for planning, managing and monitoring CIHI's project engagements on strategic initiatives such as the Electronic Health Record (EHR). The Manager will work closely with external partners and CIHI program areas to develop and execute strategies and plans for CIHI.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans, manages and monitors CIHI's project engagements on strategic initiatives such as the Electronic Health Record (EHR).
- Develops formal strategies and plans for emerging and priority areas, internal to CIHI and with its external partners across Canada.
- Manages the work of project staff, consultants and teams in the development and execution of strategies and projects. Coaches, coordinates and monitors work, workload and performance of team to ensure that quality is maintained and that learning opportunities are provided. Conducts annual performance management reviews.
- Develops and monitors departmental operational plans and budgets.
- Facilitates the work of internal working groups and/or external advisory committees.
- Provides advice to executive management on strategic issues and opportunities.
- Develops and maintains collaborative working relationships within CIHI and its partners across Canada; works closely with staff from across CIHI and serves as a key contributor to corporate planning processes.
- Promotes the organization, its mandate, products and services through active participation on committees, presentations, attendance at conferences, and other activities.
- The successful candidate will have a graduate degree in business administration, public policy, health information sciences, or social sciences, or equivalent combination of 5 - 7 years relevant education/ experience, along with a solid understanding of the Canadian health care system, health issues and service delivery systems. To excel in this role, the candidate will be a visionary and strategic thinker, possess strong management skills and have experience working with external advisory groups.
Deadline for Submission: June 1, 2009.
Interested candidates should apply online at http://www.cihi.ca/careers.
We thank all those who apply, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.