Public Health Nurse, Halton Region Social And Community Services Department, Children's Services
Posting Number: SS-82-09
Closing Date: April 2, 2009
This position is being offered on a part-time temporary assignment basis, working 17.5 hours per week, from date of hire to April 22, 2010.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing which includes preparation in Public Health Nursing or Registered Nurse with a Certificate in Public Health Nursing from a recognized university is required. Incumbent must hold a current Certificate of Registration from the College of Nurses of Ontario. Must have knowledge and experience related to health promotion strategies with children and families as well as a good knowledge of community supports and services. Must have knowledge and skills in community development, coalition building, home visiting, education, policy development, and group facilitation. Must have a demonstrated ability to work in an interdisciplinary setting and have excellent communication skills. Strong computer and project management skills are required. French or additional language skills would be considered an asset. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Flexibility to work outside normal business hours is required to meet business demands which may include the occasional evening. Travel will be required between locations within Halton Region. Incumbent must supply own transportation.
- Responsible for delivering Public Health Programs with an emphasis on comprehensive health promotion programming to children (aged 1-13), families and their caregivers.
- Provides health programs and services that may include consultation, education and skills development, counselling, creating environments supportive of healthy choices and policy development.
- Delivers services in community settings that can include community agencies, schools, Ontario Early Years Centres, childcare centres and community-based projects within neighbourhoods. Programs within these settings target individuals, families or groups.
- Functions as a member of a team; collaborates with health department, division and the community to implement health promotion programs addressing parenting, injury prevention, mental health promotion, family health, heart health and cancer risk reduction.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
Posted: March 25, 2009
Posting Expires: April 2, 2009
To view the complete job posting and for information on how to apply to Halton Region, please visit http://www.halton.ca/about/jobs/JobPostings.cfm.