Part-Time: 15 - 20 hours per week
Temporary: April - December, 2009 (with possibility of extension)
Location: Home based; Hamilton area
The Finding Home Pilot Project program evaluation team is seeking a Research Assistant to
provide support to the evaluation of an integrated, municipal level trauma informed social
assistance-health services delivery model undergoing pilot testing for adults who cycle
between the correctional, social assistance and homeless shelter systems. Reporting to the
Program Evaluation Director, the Research Assistant will work within a multi-disciplinary
team assisting with project management, quantitative and qualitative research and
- Monitors project progress, coordinates project activities, and takes appropriate action to ensure project milestones and deadlines are met.
- Liaises with external project stakeholders and service providers
- Involves evaluation team members as appropriate to achieve project goals
- Coordinates data collection activities and data analysis
- Assists with data management, data collection, and basic data analysis
- Assists with the preparation and production of project reports, presentations, and publications
- Provides updates to and maintains regular communication with the program evaluation director
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
- A minimum of an undergraduate degree in healthcare or social science-related field; graduate degree preferred but not required
- Prior experience as a research coordinator or research assistant required
- Familiarity with quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Strong facilitation, collaboration, administrative, and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency with standard Microsoft software (i.e. Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and familiarity with SPSS software.
This is a part-time, temporary position (approximately 15- 20 hours per week) commencing
as soon as possible. There is flexibility in scheduling. Inquires are welcome. Interested
applicants should submit their resume and cover letter to Dr. Theresa Petrenchik, Program
Evaluation Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those applicants selected for an
interview will be notified.