Administrative Manager, FRP Canada
This is a position in Ottawa within the guidelines of the Canadian Association of Family Resource Programs (FRP Canada) personnel policy. The administrative manager oversees all aspects of office management at FRP Canada and also provides administrative support. Reporting to the Director of Operations, the main responsibilities of the administrative manager are:
- Act as the agency's frontline representative to telephone callers, email enquiries and visitors, providing information and/or redirecting as required;
- Responsible for maintaining office supplies and equipment;
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director and Board of Directors;
- Maintain the membership system, including renewals;
- Handle publication sales and inventory;
- Provide administrative support to other staff;
- Other duties as directed by the Director of Operations.
- Maintenance and repair of all office equipment
- Take inventory, order supplies, store supplies
- Ensure that the postage meter has sufficient postage; request funds and fill meter when required
- Store new publications and newsletters as they arrive
Take initiative to organize and ensure that all common working areas
are clean, including resource library/ board room, photocopy/storage
room, receptions area, mail room and kitchen
- Make coffee and assist with recycling
- Support to the Executive Director and the Board of Directors
- Assist with scheduling of and preparation for meetings, teleconferences etc. as required
- Assist with correspondence as required
- Meet and greet ED's "guests"
- Take minutes at meetings when requested and produce minutes in good form
- Seek out information on websites, gather information and present to the ED
- Organize the Board Meetings, Annual General Meeting and other meetings the ED may be involved in
- Prepare board packages prior to meeting. Assist with packing if necessary.
- If the meetings are in the office, prepare coffee/tea refreshments, pick-up order food. Clean up after meeting
Other Admin support
- Liaise and work with all other support staff and keep completely informed of all FRP Canada activities
- Process incoming and outgoing mail and respond to certain mail
- Fax, photocopy, email
- Run mail through meter and take to the post office/courier
- Answer telephones, take and direct messages to appropriate individuals
- Respond to inquiries and information requests, provide basic information follow-up etc.
- Organize files, maintain accurate filing system
- Coordinate and participate in mail-outs
- Maintain database of contacts
- Maintain "originals" admin binder, Minute book and Policies and Procedures binder
- Assist with organizing conferences and special events as required
- Work at conferences, professional development and other events as required
- Research solutions and provide support for staff problems
- During peak times, join the team to accomplish what ever task is before all of the office staff
- Attend team meetings
- Provide other support services to staff and the BOD as required
- Maintain the membership process and reporting system
- Process new members and membership renewals, user names, passwords including new member packages and renewal packages
- Organize occasional mailings to membership and database
- Membership filing: renewals, new, mailings, emails
- Process publication sales
- Keep information package inserts in good supply and current
- Keep in-house publications in good supply and current
- Forward all new publications and newsletters to the National Library of Canada
- Travel may be required
Overtime may be required. It will not be paid but time off in lieu
will be given. Overtime will be upon request of the ED and must be
approved by the ED
- Other duties as and when required.
The position requires: relevant education and training, three to five
years of progressing experience in administrative positions, excellent
interpersonal and communication skills, demonstrated organizational and
managerial skills, computer skills, and demonstrated self-motivation
and independence balanced with a team orientation and commitment to the
values of FRP Canada. Bilingualism and post-secondary education would
be an asset.
The Canadian Association of Family Resource Programs
The Canadian Association of Family Resource Programs (FRP Canada), the
national voice for the family resource/support network, has a long and
proud history of fostering community based family resource programs in
Canada. This bilingual not-for-profit association has provided
leadership in program development and supports to its affiliate
agencies in communities across Canada for over 30 years. This
leadership has created a cohesive family support sector with common
identity, principles, tools and training. FRP Canada member
organizations number over 400 and are situated in every province and
territory of Canada. See more at http://www.frp.ca.
This is a full-time position (37.5 hours/week). Salary will be commensurate with experience and skills. The position will have full benefits.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to forward resume and cover letter to arrive by April 3
via email to [email protected], fax to 613-237-8515 or mail to FRP Canada, 707 - 331 Cooper St., Ottawa ON K2P 0G5.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.