A very busy community-based, non-profit organization, serving a diverse community,
and an equal-opportunity employer.
The Regent Park Community Health Centre is a community-based primary health organization. It provides a mix of medical, nursing, social work, community health, community development, early childhood development, youth support and other services to a diverse community with complex health and social issues in downtown Toronto.
Salary Range - $52,844 to $63,668 per annum
We are looking for an experienced Social Worker to provide a mix of case management, practical and therapeutic counselling, advocacy, group work and other relevant social work services to clients. Working as part of a multidisciplinary team of providers, you have the following qualifications:
- up-to-date registration with the College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers
- minimum of 3 - 5 years' Social Work experience
- MSW trained or equivalent
- anti-oppression perspective
- client-centered approach
- solid counselling and case management experience and skills
- experience with and knowledge of working with people living on low incomes, including youth
- experience with and knowledge of working with people from diverse ethnic and racial backgrounds, including youth; knowledge of settlement services and issues
- experience with and knowledge of working with people who are homeless or under-housed
- experience with and knowledge of working with people who have mental health problems, including trauma and addictions
- experience with and knowledge of working with people who have developmental delays
- ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
Knowledge of the community of Regent Park is a key asset and oral/written fluency in Tamil, Somali, French, Bengali or Vietnamese is an important asset.
Please send a resume and cover letter, by 12:00 p.m., Friday, October 31, 2008, to:
Community Health Hiring Committee
Regent Park Community Health Centre
465 Dundas Street East
Toronto, Ontario M5A 2B2
No phone calls will be accepted. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and promote hiring from the local community.