A very busy community-based, non-profit organization, serving a diverse community,
and an equal-opportunity employer.
The Regent Park Community Health Centre is a community-based primary health organization. It provides a mix of medical, nursing, social work, community health, community development, early childhood development, youth support and other services to a diverse community with complex health and social issues in downtown Toronto.
Salary Range - $52,844 to $63,668 per annum
We are looking for an experienced Social Worker to provide a mix of case management, practical and therapeutic counselling, advocacy, group work and other relevant social work services to clients. Working as part of a multidisciplinary team of providers, you have the following qualifications:
- up-to-date registration with the College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers
- minimum of 3 - 5 years' Social Work experience
- MSW trained or equivalent
- anti-oppression perspective
- client-centered approach
- solid counselling and case management experience and skills
- experience with and knowledge of working with people living on low incomes, including youth
- experience with and knowledge of working with people from diverse ethnic and racial backgrounds, including youth; knowledge of settlement services and issues
- experience with and knowledge of working with people who are homeless or under-housed
- experience with and knowledge of working with people who have mental health problems, including trauma and addictions
- experience with and knowledge of working with people who have developmental delays
- ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
Knowledge of the community of Regent Park is a key asset and oral/written fluency in Tamil, Somali, French, Bengali or Vietnamese is an important asset.
Please send a resume and cover letter, by 12:00 p.m., Friday, October 31, 2008, to:
Community Health Hiring Committee
Regent Park Community Health Centre
465 Dundas Street East
Toronto, Ontario M5A 2B2
Email: [email protected]
No phone calls will be accepted. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and promote hiring from the local community.