1447 Upper Ottawa Street
Summary of Duties
Reporting to a Program Manager, develop, implement and evaluate health promotion programs and policies relating to healthy weights, keeping with the requirements of the Ontario Ministry of Health Promotion and reflecting local priorities. Develop and monitor an annual work plan and budget.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in health promotion, program planning, implementation and evaluation normally acquired through the completion of a Master's Degree in Health Promotion, Behavioural Science or related discipline or a Baccalaureate Degree in Health Sciences or an Applied Science with related experience in health promotion, health communication, community mobilization, policy analysis and development.
- Experience in computerized work environment. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) and database software.
- Demonstrated ability in identifying priorities for targeted health promotion programming by reviewing epidemiological, behavioural and socio-demographic data related to health promotion.
- Demonstrated ability conducting needs assessments.
- Well-developed research, reasoning, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Thorough knowledge of analytical research methodologies and computerized analytical techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to express ideas effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Must keep up-to-date on innovative health promotion strategies and effective health promotion strategies reported in the literature and in networking with peers and experts in the field.
For a full Job Description, please visit City of Hamilton Website below.
Applications deadline is October 15, 2008. Please forward applications to:
City of Hamilton
77 James Street North
P.O. Box 2040 LCD1
Hamilton, ON L8N 0A3
Or apply through the City of Hamilton Website at http://www.hamilton.ca.